Mask Mandate Update as of April 2023
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and Cal/OSHA have released the following updates regarding the mask policy in dental offices
- Starting April 3, 2023, masks will be optional in dental offices
- As was the policy prior to the pandemic, staff members will still be required to wear masks during aerosol-generating dental procedures
COVID-19 Screenings of all patients and staff
Non-contact temperature readings
- Weekly COVID-19 testing for all staff members
Vaccinated staff members
Simplified mobile patient check-in
Social distancing practices (no handshakes or high fives, etc.)
Plexiglass barriers at front desk
- Limited access to waiting room and prevention of congregation in high traffic areas
Frequent disinfection of common areas and high-use surfaces
Doorknobs, countertops, sink handles, pens, clipboards, etc.
- Hand sanitizer available throughout the office
Pre-treatment antimicrobial mouth rinse
Medical-grade H13 HEPA air filtration
Isolated dental operatories
- HVE high-speed vacuum suction units in each operatory
In-office laundry service for team members
Additional CDC-Approved P.P.E.
Designated appointment times for senior patients and medically-compromised patients
- Extra time between appointments
Standard protocols we already perform and will continue to follow:
We have always followed the strictest infection control guidelines as recommended by the CDC, ADA, and OSHA.
Medical-grade disinfection products proven effective against COVID-19 virus
Ultrasonic/autoclave sterilization of instruments
Weekly biologic spore testing
Universal precaution infection control
- Same-Day Dentistry Technology
- Minimize multiple office visits
- Get all of your dental treatment done in 1 visit!
In addition to adhering to all CDC, ADA, and OSHA standards, we take extra measures to ensure that all of our patients will feel comfortable receiving dental care at our office. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us for more information.
– Dr. Toland & Team
Ready to schedule an appointment?
We invite you to reserve an appointment with Dr. Meghan Toland by contacting our La Mesa cosmetic and restorative dentistry practice today.
How to Find Us8029 La Mesa Blvd(619) email@example.com
Monday8am - 5pm
Tuesday7am - 4pm
Wednesday10am - 6pm
Thursday8am - 5pm